Anyone who loves ASMR knows most videos are all about audible triggers. You could say the entire ASMR community got started because of pleasant sounds – that’s how important audible triggers are! Because of that, we need to pay extra attention to how we listen to ASMR videos. A new pair of headphones can change your entire ASMR-related experience.
Content creators can greatly benefit from quality headphones as well. People who want to start making ASMR videos often wonder about the best ASMR microphone – but what about listening to what you are recording both in real-time and during the edition process? ASMR headphones are a must!
That’s why we have this list here. We are going to tell you why ASMR headphones are important, what to look for when you buy one, what kind to buy, and to finish things off we’ll give you a list of great ASMR headphones for you to decide which one you’ll love!
Table of Contents
Do you need headphones for ASMR?
If you want to enjoy everything ASMR has to offer, you most definitely need headphones. A good pair of headphones will probably improve your tingles tenfold! With noise-canceling headphones, you can tune the world out and let the triggers flow undisturbed – that’s the best ASMR scenario possible!
Now, that’s not to say ASMR headphones are absolutely necessary – or even that buying new headphones will guarantee more tingles. You will, most likely, get better tingles – but you shouldn’t place every demand on your headphones: where you are, your state of mind, the video you are watching, and other things will also influence your ASMR experience.
Headphones will, however, ensure you experience everything ASMR has to offer, at least when it comes to audible triggers. If you are not wearing headphones, you won’t be able to experience binaural sounds like you are supposed to. Binaural triggers will sound and feel better with headphones on.
You should also keep headphones nearby even if you don’t really like to watch ASMR videos while wearing them. One way to fight against ASMR immunity is to change the way you watch ASMR videos. If tingles are running scarce, you might want to try to switch from speakerphones to headphones and see what happens!
Are ASMR tingles better with quality headphones?
Quality headphones will, most definitely, give you a better ASMR experience than regular or cheap ones would. While the sound quality is not the only determinant factor, it’s probably the most important one for audible triggers. Simply put, better headphones mean more triggers!
When you move from cheap or standard headphones to quality headphones, there are two major changes you will face. The first change is for the better. You will enjoy well-defined audio, with more depth and warmth. This might sound weird if you haven’t experienced this change yet, but it’s definitely real.
On the other hand, the second change that comes from quality headphones might not be the best thing in the world. Because you’ll start to use quality headphones, you will be susceptible to poor recording or mixing methods – that is if they happen.
When you start using better headphones, you will be able to hear the audio better – both the good and the bad. Perhaps poorly-recorded videos went unnoticed by you with regular headphones, but that might not be the case anymore. But you probably listen to great ASMRtists alone, so you have nothing to worry about!
All in all, as long as the ASMR videos are properly recorded and mixed, using quality headphones will give you more and better ASMR tingles!
Is ASMR better with headphones or earbuds?
There’s no difference when it comes to sound for either one – but they most definitely feel different. Some people might find headphones more comfortable and others will love earbuds because they can sleep using them with no problems. It’s all about personal preference.
There is a long-lasting debate in the ASMR community: is it better inside or outside the ear? This sounds weird until you realize it’s about headphones vs earbuds. When it comes to ASMR, how you are going to listen to your favorite video is most definitely important. So, which one is better?
The truth is, they are both objectively good. The edge that brings either option from good to best will be given by whoever is wearing either one. You’ll have to decide which one is better – and you’ll have to understand your choice might be different from someone else’s choice!
Headphones are more secure and feel less invasive for your ears. On the other hand, earbuds will hardly fall from your ears if you are laying down and you can move your head around with no issues when you use them.
Both have pros and cons, weigh each one and decide, the tingles are waiting!
What should you look for when buying headphones for ASMR?
There are five essential things you need to take into account when it comes to buying the perfect ASMR headphones for you. You need to consider: sound quality, comfort, whether it’s wireless or wired, durability, and how much it’s going to cost you.
Sound quality: ASMR headphones are all about audible triggers – and audio quality is what will determine whether you will tingle away or trouble away. Your ASMR headphones must have, above all, great sound quality. How are you going to listen to whispers, tapping, and other great things without it?
- Comfort: This, alongside sound quality, is the most important thing you’ll have to think about when it comes to your ASMR headphones. If you bought an uncomfortable set of headphones, they are useless – how will you tingle your way into a good night’s sleep if they keep harming your ears or head? Comfort is key!
- Wireless: Most people prefer wired headphones, but if you are planning to fall asleep with them on, wireless is the way to go. Ever since the AirPods came out, everyone wants their own wireless headphones, so you might as well figure out if you want wires in your life or not. Remember that wireless headphones might be more comfortable but they can and will run out of batteries.
- Durability: Good headphones that don’t last for long aren’t good at all. You need to make sure your future ASMR headphones purchase is an investment – and a long-term at that. Make sure you check the reviews to see whether the headphones you are planning to buy will last you for years or will they fall apart after a week.
- Price: You can have the best headphone set in the world right in front of you and that would mean nothing at all if you cannot buy it. How much are the headphones going to cost is not only important but crucial information. It all comes down to you, your wallet, and how much you’re willing to spend. Luckily, there is more than a fair share of great offers online!
Best ASMR headphones list
When it comes to headphones, everyone got their favorite – and nobody matches anyone else’s choice! Because of that, we have thought about different picks you can check, review, and choose to use for ASMR and more. Take your time to think about it and choose wisely!
Just like we have done before with our Best ASMR microphone list, we will show you our different picks and tell you the good, the bad, and the price of each one. They all have good things and bad things, it’s up to you to weigh them.
Best ASMR sleep headphone
Acoustic Sheep Sleep Phones
- Good: The Acoustic Sheep headphones are made for ASMR, plain and simple. They come in a headband-like shape that you can use it to cover your eyes when you are ready to fall asleep. If you are laying in bed and decide to turn your head from side to side, you won’t even feel like you are wearing headphones. That’s not all: you can either get them wired or wireless, albeit the wireless version is more expensive.
- Bad: The sound is great – if you consider the kind of headphones you are getting. They are great for ASMR but they might not be the best thing for gaming, music, or anything else. The wired version has a good price but if you decide to get the wireless version, the headphones’ price more than doubles.
- Price: Wired version is $40; Wireless version is $100.
Best cheap ASMR headphone
Creative Aurvana live!
- Good: This is the somewhat wallet-friendly option that will cover most of your needs, watching ASMR videos included. The price-to-quality ratio is amazing and so is the sound quality. They are rather light, so they make a comfortable pick – especially if you are going to wear them to fall asleep after a good dose of tingles.
- Bad: There’s no noise-canceling, so you might as well stay somewhere quiet to watch ASMR videos. They are not the most durable headphones of all time – but they will last if used carefully. For a little bit more money you’ll get way better results – if you know where to look and what to choose.
- Price: $80-$120.
Best expensive ASMR headphone
Sennheiser HD 599
- Good: Great for gaming, great for music, and great for an ASMR video before bed. Even though they aren’t wireless, they come with a long cable and an extension which will make you feel like you have more than enough to walk around the house with your headphones on. They are comfortable, aesthetic, and have great sound quality – especially for their middle-range price. Unlike closed-back headphones, the Sennheiser are open-back and won’t make your head feel trapped under them.
- Bad: Headphones are, by default, bulky. This is no exception. It might take a little while before you get used to wearing them while you try to fall asleep. They have no noise-canceling feature, so you might need to be at a quiet place in order to get the most tingles out of your ASMR videos. Also, the price.
- Price: $200.
Best cheap ASMR earbud
- Good: They are incredibly durable, have great sound quality, and aren’t that expensive to begin with. They are good for ASMR and other activities as well, such as music or watching your favorite TV series. You can take them anywhere with you, as they can take a little bit of rough handling. If you are looking for everyday use earbuds for a good price, this is your best pick right here.
- Bad: There’s no wireless version – and the wires might get in the middle of your good night’s sleep. These earbuds are good for everything but are great at nothing in particular, unlike other alternatives that might be great for ASMR, music, or anything else. If you are looking for something that will specifically enhance your ASMR experience, this might not be it.
- Price: Around $90-$100.
Best expensive ASMR earbud
Bose Quiet Comfort 20
- Good: Can you hear what I’m saying? If you were using these earbuds, you most definitely wouldn’t. That’s the great thing about them: they are noise-canceling earbuds – and let me tell you, they will cancel any sound or noise coming from the exterior. Not only that, but the sounds coming from these earbuds are top-notch. They are great for ASMR, gaming, music, watching movies, and anything you can think of!
- Bad: There are two deal-breakers that come with these earbuds. The first and most notorious one is its price. They are expensive – perhaps too expensive for some people looking for earbuds. On the other hand, there are rare cases where the battery dies off early on and needs to be replaced. The warranty will cover it, but the process itself is a hassle.
- Price: Around $230-$250.